About Me

My photo
I'm Livvy, 22. I love make-up, music, film, comedy and generally loving life :) Follow my Twitter @LivCR Tweet saying you're a blogger I'll follow back :)

Saturday 5 May 2012

'Inspired By' Make-Up #2 - Adriana Lima

Hey ladies, hope you're all having a relaxing weekend.

First off let me apologise, I said I'd post this 'tomorrow' about 4 days ago. Oops. Time flies. Anyway, here it is.

I thought for my next 'inspired by' look I'd try my ultimate girl crush, why start small ;) Adriana Lima is a Victoria's Secret model, i.e. the hottest of all hotness. Basically, if someone said I could look however I liked, I'd just show them a pic of her. I chose a sultry, smokey brown eye look because I thought if it looks good it'll be amazing for a night out. I always leave myself about 3 minutes to get ready when I go out, not that I'm disorganised ;), so this post can also work as a 'go to' look for all us ladies who want to look sexyfine without having left any time to think about it. Because we can all look sexyfine, even if we aren't of VS stock. :)

This is the pic I worked from:



Oh to look like this!


As with all scientific experiments, as this clearly is, I thought I'd better show the raw materials I was working with:


An unnecessarily large picture of my face without make-up.


This is to show a) I don't sit around with a face full of make-up all day and to b) make up for the seriously pouty pictures that follow.

The products I used for my transformation were:

 
For the eyes I used Stila Twig (I got it from Cheapsmells.com, it's no longer there but some other Stila shadows are for seriously cheap. I have Illimani and it's beautiful.) and I used Virgin, Half Baked and Smog from the naked palette. Under the eye I used Twig and the golden brown 17 eye pencil which I got in a set.

I used Half Baked all over the lid, Virgin on the inner corner and Twig on the outter V and lightly on the crease. For lips I used Mac's Hue with a coating of the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in shade 02 over the top. Oh my gosh, discovery of the century. We all know you shouldn't do heavy make-up on your eyes and lips, but this gives the perfect combination of sexy and neutral to the lips. I might have used my Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow highlighter in Iced Gold but I can't remember. Lesson to Liv, take pictures of make-up immediately after using it.

Ramble over, here's the finished look:









I've just remembered I also used a tiny bit of black eyeliner pencil. Photo in advance! Other lessons I've learnt are, do my eyebrows before close ups (I also used my elf eyebrow kit, I'm such a failure! Haha), don't let my mascars clump (I need to through away my YSL Faux Cils but I'm in denial) and fix my proper camera so I'm actually in focus ;)

However in terms of the colour combinations I'm really pleased. What are your thoughts on a brown smokey eye and peachy lip? Is there anything better than the classic? I reckon in summer with a tan and beachy hair this look will be 'da bomb'.

Who's your fav celebrity make-up inspiration? Any recommendations for me? All comments are welcome, even if it's just 'sort your eyebrows out Liv' ;) So that's this week's inspitration, me and my plucked eyebrows will see you next weekend (or variations there upon ;)).

Livvy xo



8 comments:

  1. i love it! you look really pretty and might i add your eyes are gorgeous! :)

    xoxo,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are stunning before and after make up!
    you do your eye make up so well though :-)
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I'm new to the whole eyshadow blending situation, so that's a big compliment :)

      Delete
  3. I really like your posts like this! Haven't seen similar on any other blogs. No lie, I do actually see a resemblance between you and Adriana Lima, you got the hair, eyes and brows! Lucky you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cool! I did the pics for a new one today :) Haha, I actually laughed out loud at that. Bless you. I wish! I'm just gonna take that compliment and run with it ;) x

      Delete
  4. Love the makeup!!! And you're so pretty!

    charitrinidad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete